Leak control using helium
The technique of helium tracing, a cutting-edge method, efficient, reliable and economical.
On piping for drinking water or any other liquid, this method allows us to carry out a quick inspection of the major pipes.On industrial pipework, it allows us to locate the smallest leaks.
> leak detection on buried pipes
> leak search on heating network
> inspection of sprinklers and of the fire protection network
> checking new pipework
>leaks in homes
The helium tracing technique can be used with different pipes and is reliable and economical.
In comparison with traditional acoustic methods:
- It can be used regardless of the type of pipe (metal or plastic) and its diameter.
- Detection is possible on pipes that are in use or on empty pipes
- Its effectiveness is not affected by ambient noise.
- It is possible to detect 'silent' leaks.
- The presence of helium in the ground necessarily points to the proximity of a leak; the size of the leak can be estimated depending on the levels of helium.
- The Network Manager immediately knows whether it is a large leak that needs to be repaired urgently, a minor leak that can be dealt with in due course or just seepage.
- The inspection is fast, with up to 4 km of pipes inspected per day.
- No prior operation is required.
- It is not necessary to cut the supply to the network or to clear out the surface boxes.
- The helium tracing technique is very powerful and very reliable.
The technique is extremely sensitive and can detect leaks up to 0.01 litre/hour or 10 drops per minute.